Job Title: Physical Therapy Clinic Assistant
Hours: Part Time
Location: Under Armour Performance Center Powered by FX Studios
Summary: FX Physical Therapy is committed to providing exceptional customer service to each and every patient; we want each patient’s experience to be nothing less than exceptional! The Physical Therapy Clinic Assistant is a direct representation of FX and provides the patients first and last impression of FX Physical Therapy. The Clinic Assistant is to create an exceptional experience for every guest and be sure FX is presented at its finest (clean, updated, professional, etc.). We require our team to follow our choreography and protocols to ensure consistency for the patient’s experience.
The Physical Therapy Clinic Assistant is responsible for working closely with the Physical Therapists and Office Coordinator by supporting the day to day activities and needs of our patients. All employees must model the FX brand by showing passion, creativity, quality and efficiently complete all tasks assigned while achieving goals of the team. The Clinic Assistant works closely with the patients, Physical Therapists and Office Coordinator to ensure communication, consistency, teamwork and ultimately exceed our patient’s expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform the job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a friendly upbeat mood
- Must demonstrate professionalism with patients & employee interactions, appearance as an FX professional as well as your attitude at all times
- Reliable & take initiative to complete tasks and protocol accurately and thoroughly
- General knowledge of FX Physical Therapy services
- Following proper procedure for patient intake at the beginning of their appointment
- Properly collecting patient copays, deductibles and/or past due amounts in POS system
- Following up and rescheduling all appointments that have been cancelled
- Ensuring that the clinic is kept clean, neat and organized
- General knowledge and ability to verify insurance benefits for all new patients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to work varying hours and days to meet business needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and teammates
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comply with dress code
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to take responsibility for actions
- Preferred knowledge and interest of physical therapy field but not required
- Preferred experience and knowledge of verifying insurance benefits but not required
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to create a contract with the employee, or to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of the position and people in the position.