What type of massage do I want?
There are many types of massages. Together, you and your massage therapist will determine which one would be best for you. Whether you are stressed, experiencing pain, have knots in your shoulders, or would just prefer to relax, there’s a massage for YOU! During our consultation we will customize your experience to your needs. All types of massages are helpful even pampering ones, but a little education can go a long way when preparing for your massage.
What types of massages are there?
No matter what your ailment is, there’s a massage for it.
- Swedish Massage is a relaxing massage consisting of long flowing strokes designed to sedate the muscles and bring circulation to the area worked. This in turn promotes a faster healing process.
- Deep Tissue Massage is using the same strokes as Swedish but utilizing more pressure and different tools, such as soft fist, forearm, and elbows. Deep Tissue loosens up tense muscles, breaks up adhesions, and has a deep long lasting effect.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy is the use of multiple holds to clear cerebral spinal fluid dysfunction. This is great for deep relaxation and issues such as frequent headaches or constant stress.
- Structural Integration is the process of aligning the soft tissue adhering to fascia by using various deep strokes and corrective exercises which are designed to lengthen the connective tissue and put your body into proper alignment.
- Reflexology is a technique used predominantly on the feet and hands. It is based off of the principle that there are many different points in the hands and feet that can affect other areas of the body. This is great for relaxation and for people who have reasons for not wanting to be touched in a certain area.
How do I decide what massage is best for me?
Luckily for you that’s not entirely your responsibility. Just simply tell your massage therapist the problems you are experiencing, and they will recommend a combination of massage types that work best for you based on your likes, dislikes, what experiences you have had in the past, how much pressure you like, any recent or chronic issues, etc. It’s all about customizing your experience and it is our privilege to guide you in the right direction.
Please keep in mind that this is a basic list of the various types of massage available. To find receive additional information about these services or any of the other specialty massages offered at FX please call (410) 771-1500 or email us at email@example.com